Monday, May 15, 2017

Design an assessment rubric

Today I am going to show you the last step in the elaboration of my open educational project, the evaluation. Like any lesson plan, project or learning process, there must be an assessment. But I do not mean a numerical evaluation with an exam at the end of the lesson, there are other types of assessments that value the whole learning process, from the first day to the last. In the case of my project, the evaluation takes place through the observation during the elaboration of the project and the correct completion of all the activities that are integrated in it.

As teachers, we have to be very clear what the objectives we want to achieve through our project and be realistic in turn with the circumstances of each student. For this, we are going to help from a rubric.
An assessment rubric consists of a table with the evaluation criteria that we want to evaluate, and in each criterion, the different levels that can be reached  by students, since not all the perfect work are always done and many times we see that they give us a 7 in a examen or activity without explaining why.

I think that thanks to the rubrics the students know what goals they have to achieve, the score they are going to get and how they can improve. I feel this an immediate feedback between the teacher and the student. 
And for us it is a way of evaluating more objectively and completely taking into account all aspects of the project.

In order to make my rubric I used google docs and Microsoft word to create a data table. The criteria I have used range from learning theoretical concepts, elaboration of activities ( 1st super mission and 2nd super mission) and finally teamwork. In this way I evaluate all aspects of the project. To carry out it I have helped from the following LIST Listly by my teacher María Jesús and I read "Edutopía guía diez consejos para evaluar"I think they are very interesting to understand how to evaluate and what things we must take into account.

Here is an example of a rubric in my open educational project.




No comments:

Post a Comment